ANILIE T. SALVADOR
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
The treasurer shall take charge of the treasury office, perform the duties provided for under Book II of this Code, and shall:
(1) Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, the sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters relative to public finance;
(2) Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
(3) Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
(4) Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of this Code;
(5) Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
(6) In the case of the provincial treasurer, exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component cities and municipalities; and
(e) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
SEC. 471. Assistant Treasurer. – (a) An assistant treasurer may be appointed by the Secretary of Finance from a list of at least three (3) ranking, eligible recommendees of the governor or mayor, subject to civil service law, rules and regulations.
(b) No person shall be appointed assistant treasurer unless he is a citizen of the Philippines, a resident of the local government unit concerned, of good moral character, a holder of a college degree preferably in commerce, public administration, or law from a recognized college or university, and a first grade civil service eligible or its equivalent. He must have acquired at least five (5) years experience in the treasury or accounting service in the case of the city or provincialassistant treasurer, and three (3) years in the case of the municipal assistant treasurer. The appointment of an assistant treasurer shall be optional for provincial, city and municipal governments;
(c) The assistant treasurer shall assist the treasurer and perform such duties as the latter may assign to him. He shall have authority to administer oaths concerning notices and notifications to those delinquent in the payment of the real property tax and concerning official matters relating to the accounts of the treasurer or otherwise arising in the offices of the treasurer and the assessor.
- Joan C. Gabutan
- Chris A. Briones
- Gaspar F. Lorono
- Ramer B. Baculio
- Erwin S. Saburnido
- Eleonor C. Jabla
- Emar Joel C. Sumobay
- Julius T. Taroy
- Emie P. Impiales
- Sheryl L. Mejorada
- Pritzel Ruth Oliquino