MARVIN M. BERSABAL
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
As mandated under Section 474 of the Republic Act No. 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of l991, this Office shall take charge of the following services:
(1) Install and maintain an internal audit system in the local government unit concerned;
(2) Prepare and submit financial statements to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, and to the sanggunian concerned;
(3) Appraise the sanggunian and other local government officials on the financial condition and operations of the local government unit concerned;
(4) Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
(5) Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
(6) Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries, allowances, reimbursements and remittances pertaining to the local government unit;
(7) Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
(8) Post individual disbursements to the subsidiary ledger and index cards;
(9) Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the local government unit pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
(10) Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including disposal thereof, if any;
(11) Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto;
(12) Prepare journals and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
(13) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law or ordinance.
As provided under Section 334c of Republic Act 7160, the financial records of the barangays shall be kept in the Office of the City Accountant in a simplified manner as prescribed by the Commission on Audit.
The Municipal Accountant’s office shall prepare the financial statements of Barangays. Copies are furnished to the Sangguniang Barangay and the audit team leader.
- Liezel P. Orquillas
- Sooleil Moon Reil A. Salvador
- Iris F. Salvo
- Joelyn P. Estoque
- Rowela L. Juario